Friday, October 22, 2010

A Researcher Of Life I Call Myself, And So Shall I Be

I've been thinking a lot about the life I want to have. Earlier this year, I went through a massive overhaul of the life I'd been building for myself. I left medical school, I moved back home with my parents, and I expanded my list of friends and hobbies.

I decided I didn't want to be a doctor anymore, so that meant figuring out what it is I want to do with my life. I can't really imagine myself as a stay-at-home mother. I'm a bit too career-minded for that. I could maybe do it until a kid starts kindergarten, but it wouldn't be a life decision for me, so I have to figure out my career.

I also want to be married. Eventually. So I need to be in a position to be ready for that when the right man comes along.

I like the idea of having a full life, so that means relationships with friends and family as well as hobbies/volunteering. So for now on, my blog is going to be about this. I just turned 26 eleven days ago. So I think I'm going to give myself until age 30 to get it together and have the life I want. I think I can guarantee that I'll have all the parts, except of course the husband part. The husband part depends on more than just me after all.

What exactly do I want by age 30? I want to have a Master's degree and be working in the career path I see myself advancing in until I retire. I'd like to be with the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. I'd like to have a closeness with my friends that comes from the depth of true friendship. I'd like to be working on my interests. I'd like to be doing volunteer work that really enriches the lives of others. I'd like to have the body I want and the healthy diet and exercise schedule that will ensure a healthy life.

I'm usually a very happy person, so having all these different parts won't make me happier, but it will make me more satisfied that I'm reaching my full potential. And I've got 3 years, 11 months, and 19 days to make it happen.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails