Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Internet Shy Best Friend

Usually if I'm using the word "internet" with the phrase "best friend", I'm referring to my good old pal Google.
Google certainly isn't internet shy, so I'm not talking about this best friend.
This time, I'm talking about one of my best friends, Top. We grew up together in the same church in Chicago, and we even attended the same college. She moved to New York City in 2009, and it's been a while since she's spent any real time in Chicago.

But she's in town and she'll be here for the whole weekend. I'm really excited. Like this excited.
Definitely at least this excited
Of course, this is the weekend I work every day except Sunday. I literally work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. I have a very limited window in which to enjoy the Labor Day weekend. I guess what better way to celebrate than to work, right? Nah, that's just more like the definition of irony.
Definitely at least this ironic
So I do at least have Sunday off. I will be spending a good chunk of that day with Top. She's having a going away party that day. It's more of a she-moved-away-two-years-ago-but-now-she's-definitely-staying-there-and-not-here-so-let's-send-her-off-properly party. I've been asked to tend the bar, which is awesome, so I'll be there helping people tie bells on!

I'm sure by now you're wondering why I call Top internet shy. Well, she's not on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media. I do have an entire day dedicated to her love life on my other blog, but I keep it all very vague. And she doesn't like her picture up. I can't even use her picture in my wedding blog. Yeah, I have a lot of blogs; get over it and get back on topic.

My one photo pass for her is I can put up photos with her in them from the actual wedding day. So how is she depicted in my blogs til then?
Tip Top Tuesday icon

It shows Top, how her hair was when I first started the blog, on top of the world and about her business in NYC. I love this pic and I took a lot of time to make it playing with the Microsoft clipart and Paint.

How do you handle friends that are internet shy? Do you just leave entire sections of photos out of your Facebook albums?

Are you missing any great friends you don't get to see that often?

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails