Friday, July 30, 2010

My 100th Post!

I'm so excited that this is my 100th post! Even though I've been MIA, I'm starting to see that's kind of normal for the summer. I've been going through a lot lately. I'm moving from Rockford officially tomorrow morning.

There's a part of me that's freaking out because after tomorrow, I have no more escape if I want to run from my parents' house. I knew when I left medical school that this could end up happening. I was just really hoping to avoid it.

But I am trying to be hopeful for the future. I'm still applying for jobs. I'm pretty convinced I want to try and stay in Chicago, for now. So that means the volunteer work I've been thinking about I can actually start undertaking. I guess we'll see how that turns out. But it would be nice to build a life for myself that involves more than applying for jobs everyday.

I finally packed up the complete last of my stuff in Rockford yesterday around 4:30 pm. I was wondering how I would feel about it. The only thing I felt is that I was so close to finally waking up from a bad dream. Not that I feel all of med school was a bad dream. I just feel that way. Once August 1st arrives, I'll be awake again. I'll be gauging my feelings on Sunday to see if I still feel that way.

1 New Hypotheses:

Congrats on your 100th post! And good luck on the job search. Consider coming over here to the "D" (Detroit) -- we need more inspired young people! And housing is cheap. ;)

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails