Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tunnel Vision

I wish I had tunnel vision right now. It's incredibly difficult for me to stay focused. I feel like I've been doing class work for forever!!

I just want to move on to all clinical work. That would make me happy. But first I have to get through the rest of this semester. That involves so much here at Rockford. First, there are two more big progressional tests. This campus goes above and beyond on Pharmacology. We have to learn hundreds, literally hundreds of antibiotics. My friend at Wash U only learns the major representative drug for each class. This makes sense because drugs change so often. But whatever.

Next, we have what they call shelf exams. It's supposed to be similar to the shelf exams we'll get in M3 year on clinical rotations. But these are for Pharm, Micro, and Path. They will cover everything we're supposed to have learned all year long. They come a week after we finish our last progressional exam.

Then comes boards. USMLE Step 1 will be taken by the M2s here by June 19th if we want to start our M3 rotations on time. That gives us a max of 7 weeks to study. That is a much longer time than other schools get. That's a good thing at least.

And then we get two weeks (more like 10) days off then we start M3 orientation. From there, no more vacation, but also, only occasionaly lectures. And everyday is in a hostpital/clinic. I'm so excited and nervous for what's coming up so soon!

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails