Friday, March 12, 2010

The Future

I'm watching a Lifetime Movie on Comcast On Demand. It's an interesting little story about two high schoolers who fast forward to adulthood. They live out the dream the girl set for them in a class assigment where they planned out the future. It was mostly her dream because he (the cool guy) basically made her do all the work. But it's got me thinking how I would feel if I actually got my dream. Of course, instead of jumping ahead 17 years, it'd be jumping ahead more like 9.

Needless to say, I think I'd actually want my dream. I want to be married, to have a number of children, at least 3, and I don't want to have given birth to all of them. I really want to adopt. I want to be settled into my career with a group practice, a free clinic, and lots of stamps in my passport where I have travelled to places where I've done good things for people who don't have any one else to help them. I'll still have a good relationship with my parents and friends.

That's a tall order of course. A lot to get accomplished in less than a decade. But I have faith it can happen. And I hope that with all those things on my plate, I can be happy and fulfilled, yet still manage to have time for myself. I think I just made my order even taller.

I certainly hope it turns out better for me than it's going so far for these two. He's cheating with her secretary. She doesn't have any friends left on her rise to the top of the political world. He just got arrested, and she's his lawyer. she has no memory of actually going through law school. He's so screwed.

All I know is that I am excited about the future, but I am not in a rush to get there. I'm enjoying each day getting there. And all I can do is pray that my dreams actually come true, and that when they do, I'll be satisfied with them.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails