Thursday, June 10, 2010

TMI Thursday: My Date To A Wedding Was A Little Too Well Known

***Alright, folks, you know the rules. Join us all in humiliating the crap out of yourself every Thursday by sharing some completely tasteless, wholly unclassy, “how many readers can I estrange THIS week??” TMI story about your life. Or hell, about someone else’s!***

This week's TMI is about my friend's bachelorette party. I wrote about it back in March, but I didn't tell this one story. The first part of the party was at a hotel. It was at Embassy Suites. Anyone who has stayed there knows they have a happy hour that is not to be missed.

We were all sitting and enjoying drinks and talking. One of the subjects that comes up is the brides exes. The women in attendance were a combo of undergrad and grad school friends, so the undergrad friends had to fill us grad friends in on the exes. We only know of the groom. One story that came up was this guy who wasn't actually an ex, but who tried to "seduce" the bride (we'll call her Angela) simply because his friend was dating her friend.

They all start laughing and begin sharing stories about this friend, who they had to cut loose because she was a bit... promiscuous. Angela tells the whole story of how she had to set seducing guy straight that she wasn't like her friend and wasn't going to sleep with him just because they were both sitting there. He told her she wasn't going to leave her friend there in the bedroom, that would be rude. He started doing a strip show for her. She quickly weighed the variable and then decided her friend, who was back in the bedroom with a guy, could handle herself. She left the seducing guy, half naked, in his living room. He was of course pissed, but what could he do.

The rest of the women at the bachelorette party laughed in remembrance of that story. Then they tried to remember who the promiscuous friend was in the bedroom with. Suddenly, they remembered. The guy they named was a guy I know. He was in fact my plus one for Angela's wedding that was two weeks later!!!

I didn't know whether to bring it up then or not. Angela didn't let everyone bring a plus one because she was on a tight budget, so I didn't mention to anyone that I was bringing a guy, let alone a guy they all went to college with. I was slightly embarrassed to see that their opinion of him was one step above a girl they all decided to un-friend. But I was amused to see the looks on their faces at the wedding when they realized he was there with me. I also felt a bit better because it wasn't a serious date or anything. He was just my plus one for the evening. But I do know that I will play 20 questions and six degrees of separation a little better next time, lol.


0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails