Friday, February 25, 2011

I'd Forgotten I Had A Life In Chicago

In the two days I've been back in Chicago, there was lots to do. I spent a good chunk of time applying for jobs. I did lunch and hung out for hours catching up with Gloria. I helped another one of my friends find a dress to wear to a wedding.

I spent hours bonding with my mom while watching Harry's Law and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. I spent hours bonding with my dad while watching American Idol and going bowling. I caught up on the phone and via text with Lion and a professor of ours from college. I even had time to spend on the phone with Easy, discussing our days and our plans for his Spring Break in March and my trip to Florida in April.


I did all of that in two days. Plus, I caught up on many old episodes of How I Met Your Mother I managed to miss over the years. What's the point of all this? I had forgotten I had a life in Chicago. I do stuff. I build important relationships with people. I work on my hobbies. I make plans for my future.


I love my time in St. Louis with Easy, but there isn't a whole lot going on there for me. I know the life I have here in Chicago is one I worked on building. I could do that same life building in another place, but it's easy to forget that it's there in the first place.


I was all ready to hop into this new adventure with Easy without considering the trade off. It's not even about what I'd be losing here by moving there. It's about the priorities I had for having a life that's varied and filled with people I love spending time with. In the past two days, I reconnected with those priorities.


Now I just have to figure out how that matches up with my hope for my future with Easy.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails