Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reason #38 Why I Am Not A Morning Person

It's true, with all my peppy tendencies and overall happiness, in the morning, none of those words apply to me. But on to the point of this post. I woke up this morning thinking, "why won't that damn phone stop ringing?!?!?!"

Based on the constant ringing, it was either someone at the front door who expected entry but had no key, some family member calling about something emergency-like and sad, some rude-ass telemarketer, or wait!-- It might be that woman who called me yesterday about an interview for a position doing research!

So I answer the phone and it is the last one. I'm pretty excited because I didn't check the caller ID and had it been a telemarketer, they would later be surprised to hear Christians live at this address. I talked to the woman (it was an over-the-phone interview basically).

At the end of this conversation, she tells me that I'm slightly under-qualified for the job she has to offer because I'm closer to the one year than the three years of experience they would prefer. I"m thinking, "what the hell?! Then say three years experience preferred instead of 1-3 years experience preferred!"

So, another job slips through my fingers. She said there were other positions she thought would be good for me and that I could expect to hear from her again in a couple weeks. My optimism isn't nearly as strong at that hour of the day. But since some time has passed, now I'm back to being hopeful.

This whole thing would've been a lot less stressful at noon rather than right at 8:00 a.m. That's all I'm saying,

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails