Friday, November 19, 2010

The First Time He Said "I'm In Love With You"

As promised, this post will be dedicated entirely to the story of how Easy told me he was in love with me.

I had the feeling that he wanted to tell me something along those lines for a few days before it happened. He was acting weird and making cryptic comments about how many feelings he had for me.

But every time he brought up the fact that he wanted to tell me something, I would switch the subject or try and distract him. I just wasn't ready to possibly have that conversation.

Then Tuesday night, we're just hanging out at his place. I made us dinner while he watched The Holiday.

The Holiday is one of my favorite movies. It has Cameron Diaz, Kat Winslett, Jack Black, and Jude Law. It's an amazing romantic comedy. And I love it so much.

I rented it so I could watch it while he was at work because Easy isn't really a rom-com kind of guy.

But he decided he wanted to watch it since it is one of my favorite movies and I really identify with both heroines. He put it on while I began dinner. The dinner was great by the way. I've never put up a recipe on this blog before, but I'm considering it with this one.

When dinner was almost done, Easy wanted me to come cuddle on the couch. He's a big cuddler. I'm not, but since he asked so nicely, I joined him on the couch.

I was just in time to see that scene in the movie where Jude Law tells Cameron Diaz that he loves her. I love that scene because it's funny and sweet.

It's a very different scene that what one usually sees when a character declares love in a movie.

Shortly after that scene was over, Easy pulls me close to him and tells me he wants to tell me something important.

I have a mini freak out on the inside and quickly come up with a plan of action. I gave him a look as if I expected him to say what he said back in August.

He immediately recognized the face I was making and quickly assured me that he wasn't about to say something horrible, at least he thought it wasn't going to be horrible.

He looked deep into my eyes and said that he had been thinking a lot lately. Then he took a long pause.

I chose this opportunity to get up to check the food. Before I could get up though, he grabs me and pulls me back down and says, "I'm in love with you."

Very much like Cameron Diaz just had 15 minutes prior, I just kind of stared at him. And then I did what any reasonable woman would in such a situation. I kissed him. And said nothing.

He kissed me back. Made a joke about feeling embarrassed. And didn't say anything else about it the rest of the night.

But there was a difference between us. That feeling I'd been looking for, for something to be different, it was finally there.

Just because someone says they're in love with you, doesn't mean everything is magically better. I know that. But I couldn't help feeling that way.

Even without saying it back, and making him wonder whether or not I love him too, I still felt a million times better about the way that things were gonna go between Easy and I.

The next morning, he woke me up before he headed out to work to tell me that he really meant what he said the night before. He was falling in love with me.

He told me he figured I was expecting him to take it back at any moment (which I wasn't) and that I was looking for a reason to run (which I had only stopped doing about 8 hours prior).

I told him I wasn't expecting him to take it back, but that he kind of just had. Falling in love and being in love are two different things.

The he said, "I am in love with you. and I'm falling more in love with you every day."

What could I say to that? I kissed him again. Then we shared a joke about how addictive our kisses are.

He got up to head to work and we said our good byes because I was heading back to Chicago before he got off work.

So there you have it. The whole story. Easy is in love with me. And he's also a character straight from a romantic comedy.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails