Thursday, April 7, 2011

Surprises And More Surprises

I came down to St. Louis with Easy on Sunday night and I'm flying from here to Florida Friday morning. I'm very excited about my trip, but I'm also just glad to be here after two weeks away in Chicago. Which is where I live. I live in Chicago. All my friends calls me a St. Louis resident, but I live in Chicago.


But on to the surprises the title told you were coming. Easy decided he wanted to surprise me Wednesday evening when he was done with work. He pushed it up to Monday cause his weekly gig got cancelled for this week. He took me Jared and... no we didn't buy and engagement ring. Calm down people. He bought me a Pandora charm bracelet for Christmas and he's been slowly but surely filling it ever since. He got me four new pieces for it. Usually it's two, so that was great!


Then we went to the movies. I love going to the movies, but Easy and I don't go very often, so it was a nice surprise. We went to see Source Code which I've been dying to see. I won't ruin the ending, but I'll just say my natural inclination toward optimism and far-reaching science were both fulfilled. Then I wanted a burger, so we went to get me a burger. It was a great evening.


At first, Easy suggested he come up with another surprise for me for Wednesday, but I told him, I'd prefer to come up with a surprise for him. I'm very excited about this surprise. I feel like it was exactly something he'd want and appreciate. I dropped Easy off at his school Wednesday morning and kept the car. His roommate's fiancee is in town, so she rolled with me to Wal-Mart, where I picked up some supplies. I got excited because of all the plans.


The plan was to pick him up from school at 4:30 and ask him to drive to where he wanted to take me ice skating. Wednesday was the first really nice day in St. Louis, so I figured a picnic would be great. I took him on a picnic when we first started dating and told him that's what life would be like with me, so I figured I'd better take him on another and keep my word.


Also, Easy and I have been talking about marriage and engagements and the like. One of those discussions led to a joke that he wanted me to propose first, and I said I would with a lucky charms ring. So while at Wal-Mart, I bought some Lucky Charms, whipped out my sewing kit, and made him a ring. I figured I would propose at the picnic. We wouldn't be engaged afterwards, but he would know I was more than ready for him to propose back to me. It was cheesy and sweet and funny, just like how we are together.


I wanted the picnic to be romantic and fun, but I also wanted to get home in time to watch American Idol and America's Next Top Model. I love Easy because he gets my crazy and wouldn't think it was un-romantic to rush home at 6:30 pm. When we finally got back, Easy's roommate and his fiancee were laughing at us and fake gagging over our romantic picnic. Ha ha, reminds me of the reaction most of my friends would have.


But you want to know about the picnic don't you? Well, I picked him up from school, and he drove to the park. We scoped out a great place that I probably couldn't find again, but it was near the golf course, the St. Louis History Museum, and a soccer field. I handed him the basket and told him to dig in. He saw the sweet tea, the potato chips and decided that he could break the rules just a bit to enjoy those things.


Then he saw the apple slices, baby carrots, and grapes, and was ppleased. The he saw the jewelry box. I'm not sure if he recognized it is the box he normaly keeps his cufflinks in or not. But he was like, "whaaaa?" Then he opened it and saw the Lucky Charms ring. He burst out laughing at the sight of it because I guess he truly never expected that I would actually work out making that ring.


Once he stopped laughing, I leaned over to him and told him how much I loved him and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Then I asked him to marry me and he said yes! Like I said, we're not engaged, but we're fake-affianced, haha. He made a joke that now he has to propose since he said he'd propose the day after I did. I told him that wasn't going to happen cause when would he get a ring and also he hadn't asked my parents for permission yet and that was really important to me.


He told me not to worry about it and then we just moved on and settled into our picnic. I had the supplies to make lettuce wraps since his current diet plan doesn't include carbs. Iceburg lettuce, deli sliced honey roasted turkey, swiss cheese, and ranch dressing. we ate and laughed and enjoyed each other's company. It was a great way to spend the first real day of spring here in St. Louis.


Easy and I were both patting ourselves on the backs for how successful our surprises had gone. We're self-congratulatory like that. It's why we match.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails