Monday, May 10, 2010

Science & Medicine Monday: My Ideal Research Job

This blog post is dedicated to Science & Medicine. That may include important medical and/or scientific knowledge and developments. It may just be about my life on the path to becoming a research scientist. Whatever it entails, I hope it's not too dull, lol. If you have any medical questions or suggestions of what to write about, let me know and I'll do it in an upcoming Science & Medicine Monday posting!




I love women's health issues. Yes, Southern Sage, it's a real term. I didn't make it up. ;)

It's what drove me to want to be an OB/GYN in the first place. But seeing as how that's no longer my chosen path, I'd love to find a research job that allows to to work in that area of medicine. Ideally, I want to do clinical research and laboratory research. I want to deal with patients, interviewing them, maybe even taking samples for laboratory research. And I want to be in the lab, personally analyzing data.

Perhaps I'll feel differently once I start working, but while I'm still unemployed I have freedom to dream. And right now my dream wants to work on cancer and fertility. A lot of women who undergo chemotherapy for cancer have fertility problems. And since cancer (especially breast cancer) can hit at a young age, doing research to improve either the therapy or fertility methods would just be a dream come true for me. The number of women I could help would far outweigh the number of patients I would've had over the years.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails