Friday, June 17, 2011

Girl Time

I pride myself on being an individual. This is something I hope to stay true even as I work on building a life with my fiance. To that end, spending time with my girls (without him) is a fading commodity that's becoming ever more important.

Last weekend, Easy had a gig at Andy's Jazz Club downtown. It was kind of a big deal and lots of both of our friends and family came out for it. My girls Michelle, Gloria, and Camille were there.

It was a fun grown-up evening for us. We were out having a drink and listening to great live jazz music. I loved having that moment with my girls.

That moment was also shared with Easy. It was very romantic because our engagement was announced (more than once) and the trumpet player serenaded us in a song. I loved being there with him. Having my parents and my girls there made it only better.

But I miss being out with my girls just by ourselves. The last time we went out was Gloria's birthday, but that was last month before I was even engaged. Honestly, it wasn't that long ago in terms of the calendar. But in terms of the whirlwind that has been my life since then, it feels like a long time ago.

So I've got to figure out how to make some time for my girls. They all lead busy lives as well. Plus, I'm the only one who works nights. Something has got to give though. I want some girl time out with my chicas that is an activity other than attending one of Easy's gigs.

The best part about this problem is that Easy and I always encourage each other to have our own lives. We don't do jealousy or neediness (unless we're being dramatic). So it's really just a matter of when I can find mutual free time. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails