Saturday, June 18, 2011

My First Bridal DIY Project

I decided that I was going to be a DIY bride. Our wedding isn't exactly on a tight budget, but I have a crafty side to me that I wanted to let shine.

If it were up to me, I would spend my most recent paycheck on a new laptop instead of rent, but that's not reality. I say that to say that I don't have pictures of what I've done because my work computer can't upload my digital camera photos, but trust that my projects came out great.

The two projects I've done are: 1) a Thank You wreath and 2) a Save-The-Date Banner.

If you are not currently immersed in the wedding world, I'll explain what these two lovely things are.

Easy and I have our engagement photo shoot coming up this Tuesday (thanks future cousin Buzzy for the great rate!) and I wanted to incorporate some cute ideas I've seen on wedding websites.

Couples take photos during their engagement shoot to be used specifically for other purposes throughout their wedding.

I want to use the Save-The-Date wreath for, duh, our save-the-date mailings. We're behind schedule on these, but seeing as how we are having a super-short engagement, people will forgive us. I think.

This banner is lovely (take my word for it until I post a picture). I will hold up one end and Easy will hold up the other and we will use that photo for our save the dates, which incidentally will be going out with the invitations to our engagement party. That way we'll save money on postage. Winning, duh!

The wreath is my own spin on the banner. I didn't want two banners, simply because I'm a rebel (or something like that). So in lieu of two banners, we'll have one banner and one wreath. I saw all these great photos around the internet of couples holding up banners that spelled out Thank You for use in their thank you cards after the wedding.

I love this idea because it shows that the couple was thinking ahead about their appreciation to everyone waaaay back when they took engagement shots. You know, well before the wedding. Everyone will see what gracious lovely people Easy and I are.

I bought a grapevine wreath and wooden letters, fake baby's breath, paint, and a glue gun. It turned out very well if I do say so myself.

Now all we have to figure out is what we will be wearing. We've got the date, the time, the location, and the props. We can't show up naked because that would not be winning. That would be a fail. And a reason to get arrested on the streets of downtown Chicago.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails