Thursday, October 7, 2010

Learn To Trust Your Instincts, Cause A Yogi Told You To

Everyday in yoga class, they tell us to pick a focus for the class. The last week and a half, I've been working on trusting my instincts. I work on being in tune with my body so I don't overdo it in exercise. I work on being in tune with my mind so I stay at peace and clear and logical in my thinking. I work on being in tune with my heart so that I make good decisions emotionally.

So far, I think it's been working. I feel more in tune with my body, mind, and heart. Focusing on my body has had the added benefit of increasing my bowling game. I'm able to more quickly identify what I'm doing wrong and to fix it. This certainly makes my teammates in my league happy. And being in tune with my body has affected the way I sleep, sit, stand, etc. I just feel better in my own skin. I am loving that unexpected addition.

Focusing on my mind has made me feel more at peace. That plus blogging. Whenever something happens to stress me out, I focus on it mentally, and I think on all the parts of it that bother me. Then I come up with a plan to release that stress and follow through. Blogging also helps. I get my thoughts out into a post, and then I let the anger go. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going through with my complaint to the BBB, but that's because I've read other reviews online with similar complaints and I think it needs to be followed up on so that they realize they can't keep doing it to people.

Focusing on my heart is trickier. I grew up in a house where is you cried the response was not, "what's wrong, are you okay?" The response was, "why are you crying, stop it." And also, I've never been comfortable feeling vulnerable with friends, family, or guys. So to take extra time out of my day to think about how I'm feeling and why I'm feeling it is a bit stressful. But I've been working on it because there will come a day when I have to decide something for myself, and I will know the answer because I will be in tune with myself.

I will say, "that guy is not for me, my mind and heart tell me so." Or I will say, "No, I shouldn't go out tonight, my body and mind tell me so." Or maybe even, "I should go for this job, my mind tells me so." Whatever the influence, if I'm aware of all three, I will feel more confident in my decisions and more comfortable with others' reactions to my decisions. That is the plan, for now. We'll see how it goes.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails