Thursday, January 13, 2011

Creating Things Day Eleven - Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

I didn't get a chance to sit down and write this post until after midnight, but this is what I made yesterday, Wednesday, January 12, 2011.

I made cookies. I had been wanting to make cookies for about a week now.

It would be a waste to make them at my parents' house. All that healthy eating is not a good environment for cookies.

But I knew that making them in St. Louis when I came to see Easy.

But of course, as always with him, the day was delayed. So I didn't even get started on the cookies until the night was almost done.

And to add to it, I forgot to take pictures until the dough was already made up.

Can I take a moment to say this is the most work I've ever put into making cookies?

This is a true bachelor pad out here in St. Louis.

They have hardly anything needs for basic baking.

The biggest thing missing was a mixer. I had to mix the cookies by hand. With a fork. That's right a dinner fork!

But I finally got the dough mixed and added in the chips. Doesn't it look delicious?



The recipe was the basic Pillsbury recipe, but I substituted some of the chocolate chips for Reese's Peanut Butter Chips.



I love Reese's cups, so I thought the switch would be tasty.

I got the first set of cookies onto the cookie sheet and into the oven.



I'm not used to baking in this oven so the first batch looked just okay. They smelled wonderful and tasted great though.



Each successive batches (the recipe made a lot of cookies) looked even better.

Easy and I had a great dessert of cookies and milk.

The addition of the peanut butter chips was great for me since I'm not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies.

I would definitely recommend that Pillsbury recipe (just don't tell them I used Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chips, lol).

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails