Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Creating Things Day Three - Banana Nut Bread

I knew eventually I'd get around to making food as my daily creation. Today was the day.

I had a craving for something sweet. Since everyone in the house has switched to a lifestyle of healthier eating, sweets are harder to come by.

I figured the cheapest way was just to make something myself. Also, I would get to avoid going out in the cold.

I took a look around the kitchen to see what ingredients I had. Then I knew banana bread was the thing to make.

We have a ton of bananas in the house right now. I looked online for a bit to find a good recipe.

Once I found one, I got started. First, I had to assemble all the ingredients.


Then I had to puree the bananas, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.


Then I had to sift all the dry ingredients.


After mixing the wet and dry ingredients, I had to fold in the nuts.


Then I added the mixture to the pan and put it in the oven.


After waiting 70 minutes, I took the bread out of the oven and let it cool. It turned out sooooo good!


I felt so good about the baking, that I decided to make dinner. Butter poached salmon, mushroom and green onion rice, and spicy sweet corn. Very delicious!

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails