Monday, January 17, 2011

Creating Things Day Thirteen - Putting Together A Bed, Part Two

I wrote this post days ago, but I've been so busy that I never got a chance to post it. I'm days behind in fact.

I've been making stuff, just not blogging about it. So here goes the post, written as I saved it as a draft. Days ago. Sorry.

I woke up this morning and called Value City.

There was no answer, which was surprise. I figured even if they weren't open at 8:30 am, an automated voice would tell me when they would open.

But no, The phone just rang and rang. So I called back at 9:30 and 10:30.

I finally got an answer at 10:30. I explained the situation to the woman on the phone.

Then I got to do the requisite waiting. On hold. For a long time.

They finally sorted it out on their end at the store and they want me to measure the height we need the middle slats to be that go from one side rail to the other.

There was just one problem with this: This stupid Bachelor Pad has no rulers! At least none that I saw.

Things aren't very well organized here, so I can't find anything easily. So I had to call Easy at work to ask for his help in acquiring a ruler.

Eventually we found out his roommate has a tape measure.

So we measured the bed and got the height we needed the center posts to be.

We took them back to the store so they could be fixed. They finally fixed it.

We came back to Easy's house and fixed the bed.

Here it is, all made up. Finally! It only took a few days to get it together.




0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails