Monday, January 10, 2011

Creating Things Day Nine - Delicious Turkey Burgers

Today, I made a sandwich, just like I threatened to a couple of days ago.

I decided to make turkey burgers. Since my family has been eating healthier, I've found a way to actually like them.

I don't know that my preparation technique is all that healthy, but it certainly tastes good!

I started out with this ground turkey.



Then I put it into a bowl to add the spices.



What spices did I use? An awful lot of them. I had to do it to make the bland turkey taste good to me.

I added fresh ground sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, paprika, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, light olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of hot sauce.

Then I prepared my pan. I added a couple tablespoons of butter, a couple tablespoons of light olive oil, and a couple tablespoons of pure canola oil.

I told you this wasn't necessarily healthy. Just healthier than fast food.

I made the patties while I waited for the oil to heat up.

I learned from Rachael Ray that a pound of meat should be quartered into four patties.

Why they never look that big in fast food restaurants? Don't even get me started.

Once the oil was ready to go, I put my patties in. All those different seasonings made the oil a funny color, but it smelled amazing.



I cooked the first side, then flipped the burgers.



How do I make sure my burgers are juicy and delicious? I cover the pan of course.



The burgers were soon cooked and looking fabulous.



I know, that's only three patties. They are for my family to eat. But I want one right now.

I added a slice of provolone cheese to the burger patty and turned off the heat. I covered it to let the cheese melt.



Then I toasted some bread and got lettuce and mustard. Doesn't it look tasty?



It was delicious! Spicy, juicy, and much healthier and bigger than what you would get in McDonald's.

Seriously, the time it would take me to drive to McDonald's and go through the drive through was the time it took me to prepare and cook my burger. Healthy is better.



0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails