Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Creating Things Day Four - A Rotating Picture Frame Box

I didn't know what I was going to make today, and I really couldn't think of anything.

The Christmas gift I got for Easy came and I absolutely hated it, so I decided I would send it back.

That meant I had to head to the store to try and find something else to buy.

After I got a much better gift, I headed to the Michael's that was up the street from the store to get inspiration.

I got a lot of ideas, but I had to settle on something to make today.

I ultimately decided to make this box for my mother. Actually, I just wanted to decorate it for her.


After acquiring the box, which is a rotating picture frame box, and the paint, I got started.

I first painted the top of the box and all the sides with a cream paint.


Then I had to make a brown paint.

I'd only purchased pink, green, cream paint. I figured I could make brown with the other colors combined.

Once I made the brown paint, I painted a design on the top of the box and the borders of the sides of the box.


Then I switched to the green and pink paints. I added to my design with those colors in a way I absolutely love.


Once the box was finished, i was really happy with the way it turned out. I put the wooden panels back in so it looked more complete.


What do you think?

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails