Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year"s Day

All of 2010, except for Thanksgiving, we did the holidays really low key.

Not nearly as much food or guests over has become the norm.

It's just nice because there is much less stress about getting everything ready.

I think for 2011, I'll be ready for more fuss and fanfare again, maybe.

But today, I'm enjoying the relaxed nature of the day.

No waking up early to help set the table because there was no 8-10 person table to set!

That makes me particularly happy because I didn't get in until 4:30 am this morning.

I really had a lot of fun last night, see?

What did we end up doing? "We" is me, Michelle, Bad, and Jordan.

Well, first we went to this lovely restaurant for tapas.

We also ordered a great bottle of rose cava to do our toast with plus we got complimentary glasses of champagne.

And the food was fantastic. My favorite was the steak with bleu cheese.

Then we picked up one of Bad's best friends and his cousin and the party continued.

The only thing I didn't want for New Year's Eve was driving all over the city. But I wasn't driving, Bad was.

And to make things even better, it was soooo warm here last night. It was above 50 at one point.

So, there was no scary ice and snow out to confuse all the drunk happy people.

We ended up trying about three different bars before we found one that was open late enough and free (for us) to get in and the DJ was in a festive mood.

We ended up dancing for a couple hours and just really having a good time.

I even ran into an old friend from high school that I see every couple of years out at some club around downtown Chicago; it was nice seeing him again.

All in all, it was the perfect new year's eve.

I actually got the grown-up Chicago-style New Year's Eve I wanted. So unexpected, but definitely appreciated.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails