Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Not Going To The Airport Today

I've been talking a lot about my excitement for Easy to come home.

I was supposed to be heading to the airport in a few hours to pick him up from O'Hare International Airport.

But that's not happening now. Why isn't that happening?

Because Easy doesn't get here until tomorrow.

The group he was in Europe with said they could either get a 5 am ride to the airport or stay at the hotel and get a taxi when it was time for their flight.

Easy opted to do the latter.

He arrived at the airport at 11:30 am or so to check in for his 1 pm flight.

Once there, he discovered that his flight was actually at 11:50 am and he was too late to check in.

They gave him two options: upgrade to first class on a flight later that day or wait til tomorrow to fly.

It was basically a choice between hundreds of dollars for one option and a few less hundreds of dollars for the other option.

He picked option #2.

So he'll be here tomorrow around 6:30 pm.

His mom called me at 9 in the morning to let me know he wasn't going to be here today.

Then Easy called me about an hour ago to fill in the details.

It really sucks that this happened. I'm already missing him so much and now he's yet still another day away.

It's no problem though, I will just push all the plans back another day.

There aren't big fancy plans, just normal plans.

Easy and I both know that I am not the most agreeable person when hungry, sleepy, tired, in pain, or cold.

So I'm taking steps to make sure I am none of those things when I pick him up from the airport.

And now I guess I'll just relax for today and try and figure out what I'm going to make.

I've got my eye on the ground turkey in he refrigerator.

2 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails