Monday, January 3, 2011

Creating Things Day Two - A Jazzed Up Storage Box

I woke up this morning still wondering what I would make today.

I didn't know if I would sew something else, or if I'd try something entirely different.

Just then, I heard Belle playing with something very noisily.

It turned out to be a quarter. I retrieved it to put back in the box I keep my spare change in, and an idea was born.

This is the box. Isn't it so plain?


I had some extra orange fabric lying around that I never did anything with. Orange is my favorite color. So what better choice to spice up the box.


The first thing I had to do was cut off a piece of fabric to fit the box.


Next, I had to figure out how to make it stay. I definitely didn't want to hand-sew the entire thing. I tried pinning the fabric on to see if it would stay.


It stayed, but I didn't like the way it looked. So I tried again to see if the pins would stay in sideways.

It ended up looking pretty fantastic, so I tried the other side.


Then, I had to figure out how to pin it on the short sides as well.


Once I did that, my box was complete. What do you think?


So far so good. I just have to figure out something to make tomorrow!

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails