Thursday, March 24, 2011

American Idol, Top 11

American Idol was so amazing tonight. I just wanted to say that before I say anything else. But before I get to the singers, what was up with J-Lo's clown face? Too much makeup, yuck. Now onto to my reactions for the night.


Yeah! You Rocked!
Casey Abrams: so great. He looks more like Zach Galfanakis (sp?) than Seth Rogan this week, but he sounded amazing. Telling him to use more voice control was perfect advice. Perfect song choice too.
Jacob Lusk: seeing him sing with control was amazing! His voice is something soooo beautiful. I just love his voice. Tingles and goose bumps baby.
Lauren Alaina: love her voice and her look. Great take on the song. She should train Thia on stage presence.
Stefano Langone: wow, he got me with that "I love you" at the end. I wanted him to connect more to the audience and he didn't do it. He was really sounding good, but I paid more attention to those closed eyes! But he got me at the end.
Scotty McCreery: I had low low hopes for him this week. But he was fantastic. A country version of Stevie Wonder's version of that song? Who knew? But it was amazing! Not his strongest performance, but if this is as bad as it gets, I hope he's around to the end.
Pia Toscano: looked and sounded amazing as usual. This chick knows how to grow the story of a song. Usually a song that slow leaves me bored, but Pia is nothing if not interesting.
Paul McDonald: I finally get him! He was soo great tonight. Putting his own spin on one of my fave oldies songs did the trick. Wow!
Naima Adedapo: finally a song selection that fits her and the type of song that will get her votes. And she got that dancing/singing combo right finally! So great. And it was the type of ethnicity not seen before out in the mainstream too often.


I Loved It, But I'm Not In Love With It
Thia Megia: she finally wasn't boring, at least for the verses. I wanted to like it more than I did. How can someone that smiley and bouncy bore me? I dunno, whatever. Her voice is absolutely amazing to my ears though.
Haley Reinhart: Her lack of voice control stood out compared to all those before her, but she sounded really good to me. I don't know what she could have done better, it just wasn't my favorite.
James Durbin: I think he missed the soul of the song. But he did sound goo. Really good.


Whatever
Thia was better than boring this week. So no one is in this category.

So Bad
They're all so good. No one did poorly. Maybe next week I'll get rid of the "bad" category. They're down to few enough people where no one is bad.

I voted for Casey, Jacob, Lauren, Stefano, Scotty, Pia, Paul, Naima. I'm listening to clown-face J. Lo and only voting for my favorites. Just the people I really want to keep around.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails