Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dancing With The Stars, Top 11, Again

Their premier this season has two weeks of dancing before there is an elimination. I'm a fan of this because it gives us an extra week to get to know the contestants. DWTS is a huge popularity contest, so we're getting to know the less famous contestants before we vote. Also, they're giving the contestants a chance to have a ballroom and Latin dance and get votes for each before elimination. It's just a more well-rounded competition kick-off and I love it.

And can I just say what the fuck is up with Brooke? Why does she refuse to speak into the mic? I seriously can never hear her. Even when I turn up the volume, the music still drowns her, and only her, out. Sigh. On to my opinions because I know you care so much.


Great, Like I Expected/Hoped
Mark Ballas and Chelsie Kane (The Jive): They say they're doing a risky jive. I was excited for the possibilities because I liked her first dance a lot. I know Len is going to hate it because it isn't a traditional jive, but I loved it from the moment they started. They looked like sexy circus dolls or something like that. She's growing on me and I found her more interesteing than last week. I'm officially a fan. I know the judges hated it, but she will get my vote and hopefully she'll stick around. And can I just say, I'm loving their chemistry? I haven't seen him vibe with someone like that since Sabreenah seasons ago.

Cheryl Burke and Chris Jericho (The Quickstep): I had more hope for this week than last week. He may not be good with the steps in the video, but I figured he could get into the character of the dance a bit easier. And I was right. The dance was amazing. His character wasn't as big or outstanding as I would have liked, but that's my only complaint. I thought it was great.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley (The Quickstep): I loved her last week and even though this dance wasn't a Latin dance, but I expected her to still be great. She's so funny and charming (Winning!), and I wanted to see that for the character of this dance. As soon as they started dancing, I kew she had the character of the dance now. She wasn't as light on her feet as I had hoped, but she was simply amazing. She's by far one of my favorites in the competition because she has the whole package.

Lacey Schwimmer and Mike Catherwood (The Jive): I didn't know what to think, but then seeing the video, that made me really raise my expectations for the jive. Not only is he handsome and funny, I think he may be a great dancer (for some dances). I now have hopes for his long-term potential. I was excited to see the dance, and they were great. I liked his movement, especially since the music seemed os dam fast. I doubt anyone else could have danced to that ridiculously fast music. And I'm loving their chemistry. The judges hated it, but I loved it.

Chelsea Hightower and Romeo (The Quickstep): So fine he is. But he still has a ways to go to understand that doing these dances isn't going to ruin his persona. If that was the case, why even be on the show? But after watching the video I had more hope. And I'm liking their chemistry, they're like the new Shannon and Derek. I had my fingers crossed that he could be a gentleman. He impressed me, but I was more impressed by his frame. He wasn't even a bit slouchy. And of course, so sexy. Still reminds me of Will Smith, but this week I'll be voting for him for more reasons than that. And Len Goodman agreed with me!

Karina Smirnoff and Ralph Macchio (The Jive): He isn't as young as he used to be and he's too much in his head. After watching their video, I was concerned, but I had hope. And his kids are adorable. I bet his wife is gorgeous. As soon as the dance started, I felt better that he would be able to pull off a good energetic jive. I didn't like his lines. He didn't seem to be able ot the moves that fast. But everything else was fantastic. Really fantastic. He's quite the entertainer.

Kym Johnson and Hines Ward (Quickstep): After last week, I felt like he could handle a fast-paced choreography-filled dance with fun and excitement. I was really looking forward to his dancing. And the video was adorable. I love seeing Kym learn more about American pop culture. When they started dancing, I was immediately excited about the song. It's one of my favorite Stevie Wonder songs. His face wasn't into the dance, he seemed to be thinking too much. But the dance was really amazing. I hope he can do better for the next ballroom dance. I can't wait to see him do Latin again because I'm quite sure he won't be going home this weekend.

None Too Shabby, But Do Better Next Time
Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya (The Jive): I had hopes for him to do better with a Latin dance rather than a ballroom dance. But he isn't a young guy, so my hopes were tempered. I liked them putting in boxing moves he was familiar with, but with the jive moves, he didn't really look comfortable unfortunately. It was an enjoyable performance, I just hoped he would be lighter on his feet. He had enough energy to make me less than angry about that though. I don't think I'll be voting for him unfortuately.

Louis van Amstel and Kendra wilkinson (The Quickstep): After seeing her video, my suspicions about her rough side were confirmed. But I just love her personality she seems so down to earth. I wasn't too worried about her ability to do the dance like "a lady". She did seem just a bit uncomfortable in her body language, but her steps were great and she seemed great in the dance. And she certainly wasn't effortless. But I want to give her another chance at ballroom.

Dmitry Chaplin and Petra Nemcova (The Jive): I liked them last week, so I expected to like them this week. I was still scared about her abilities with the injuries she's suffered in the tsunami those years ago. Almost immediately, I was a bit bored, but I found her so cute. She wasn't amazing, but she wasn't terrible. And her jive tricks wer ereally something. She just doesn't look like a natural dancer, which is okay. And I love how sweet she is. She's getting a vote more for personality.


Just Awful, Like I Figured/Feared
Tony Dovolani and Wendy Williams (The Quickstep): I still am not a fan, even less so after last week's crash and burn. I just don't think think she has it in her to really learn these dances. Poor Tony. I hope they pair him up with a better person next season. During the video, I was just frustrated with her. Why is she feeling sad about the criticism? She sucked. But I relaxed and tried to give her a more open shot this week. But I had low hopes for this week, even though Tony had more hope for her. When the dance started, I at least was in love with song selection. It's one of my favorite songs for dancing. It turns out she was a bit better because the dance didn't require her to move more of her body than just her feet. But it was still super boring. How can she have so much ersonality and then get on that floor and be so lackluster? WTF?!


This week, I voted for Kendra and Louis, Chelsie and Mark, Chris and Cheryl, Petra and Dmitry, Kitstie and Maks, Mike and Lacey, Romeo and Chelsea, and Hines and Kym. I think it's pretty obvious who I want to go home. My early prediction is that the final three is Chelsie and Mark, Kirstie and Maks, and Romeo and Chelsea, and Ralph and Karina.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails