Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Bad Part About Chicago

I forget sometimes about the downside of being in this city I've been here less than 2 days and I feel it again already. Living in Chicago means living with my parents, having no good reason to get out of bed in the morning (or afternoon).


Sure there is the time with friends and family, but not anything I really need. Everywhere there are reminders of the life I gave up plus the life I said I was switching to but haven't yet achieved.
It sucks, but I gotta figure out a way to be happy in Chicago. It reminds me of what my friend Top went through right before she moved to NYC.


Being close to my friends and family is very important to me. But feeling like I have a purpose is important too. Not having a source of income sucks. But I've got a new idea for what to do in the meantime.
I can tutor and I'm damn good at it. I really could never be a teacher, but maybe I could be a tutor and coach for things like college and scholarship applications. I already do those things for free, but I could probably find a way to get paid doing it. So that is what I'll be working on while I'm here in Chicago. I'm sick of feeling helpless to make a way for myself. There's something I can do and damnit, I'm at least going to try.


What "trying" entails exactly is something I haven't decided. But once I know, I'll explain it here on this blog first.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails