Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dancing With The Stars, The First 11

I didn't actually get to watch this live tonight because I was out with my mom. We were making up for her double booking me and my father on Saturday. I'll explain that in another post, so on to DWTS!

Thank God for the internet because if I had to wait to watch it online, I wouldn't be able to vote. And by the time we got home, my dad was watching the tv we DVR on, so it was on to sidereel.com to watch the show.
Before I get to my reactions, can I express how sad I am that there's no Corky Ballas on this season? I love him. Couldn't they haven't gotten anyone older than 60 year old Kirstie Alley? Well, nothing can be done about it now. Here are my reactions.


Here's What I Think Of The Partners Before The Dancing Has Begun:
Mark Ballas and Chelsea Kane: haven't bothered to look up into on her cause I just don't care yet. He always gets the quiet fire chick, so I'm hoping she just skips the part where she starts off boring.
Tony Dovolani and Wendy Williams: Poor Tony, why does he keep getting these chicks. You think they'd do better for him after the fiasco with Kate from Kate Plus Eight. I think Wendy would be better with Margaret Cho's partner from last season, Louis van Amstel.
Kym Johnson and Hines Ward; she's great with big teddy bear type guys, so I have hopes that that's how he'll be.
Dmitry Chaplan and Petra Nemcova: He's sweet and I think she is too. Perhaps they'll just be the sweet couple, like Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas were.
Chelsie Hightower and Romeo: They probably won't have the chemistry Lacey had with Kyle last season, but they will be young and fun.
Anna Trebunskaya (sp?) and Sugar Ray Leonard: she always gets the men firecrackers and does well with athletes. I'm looking forward to this pairing, since I now expect him to be a firecracker.
Louis van Amstel and Kendra Wilkinson: I don't know much about her, but he always has extra fun with his women, so hopefully she'll be more fun than the last bunny on the show.
Karina Smirnoff and Ralph Macchio: she always brings out the sexy in her partners who are actors, not as much as some other women, but she will definitely utilize his acting skills and it will be nice to get to see if he can pull off sexy.
Cheryl Burke and Chris Jericho: Um... this could work. I now wish I had paid more attention when being forced to watch wrestling by an old flame. But from what I know about her, if they do have chemistry, it'll be great for their dancing, really great.
Lacey Schwimmer and Mike Catherwood: She always gets the rock and roll guys. I'm guessing he's wild and crazy, but sweet at heart. Showing his softer, sexier side, will be her mission for the season.
Maksim Schmerkovsky (seriously, sp?) and Kirstie Alley: I can't wait to see if he makes her cry. And we know for sure that he'll get her down to a sexy diet-commercial size like four episodes into the show.


And Now For the Dances
Great, As Expected/Hoped
Kym Johnson and Hines Ward (The Cha-Cha): They seem fun together. I had hope from watching the video before the dance began. And they were fun! And he was pretty good, and sooo sexy. I definitely had hope that he'd match up to the other football players, and so far, he's right on target.
Karina Smirnoff and Ralph Macchio (The Foxtrot): He's funny and they have a pretty good chemistry. I just know that with the chemistry, and if his natural talent isn't completely lacking, I figured they would be fine. And I was right, except they were better than fine. So charming, so enjoyable, so great. Not technically perfect, but with his over-analyzing, it will get better sooner rather than later.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley (The Cha-Cha): I already just knew I would be amazed at her wit and the craziness sure to come out of Kirstie's mouth. I knew Maks would work her and get her in shape. But I didn't know what to expect from the first night of dancing. All I knew is I was anticipating it sooo much. If the dances suck, at least I know their pre-dance video will be my highlight of each episode. But. She. Was. Amazing. 60 years old, say what? Overweight, shut yo mouth! Kirstie has amazing timing and musicality. And still great legs. She's getting my extra votes for sure!


Who Knew You Could Dance
Mark Ballas and Chelsea Kane (The Foxtrot): can I first say that I love her personality! I've been bitching about not having any idea who this chick was, but I don't care. And I love her with Mark. I wish I could put her under the Great category, but it certainly wasn't expected. I didn't care til I saw her dance. A Foxtrot is the perfect opening dance for a Disney star, they're used to being that needfully exuberant. The dance was fun and sexy and not too bad on the technical stuff. I hope she lasts in this season.
Dmitry Chaplin and Petra Nemcova (The Foxtrot): With her injuries, I didn't really expect her to be able to do much. Add in the emotional pain because of the tsunami, and I'd be genuinely surprised if she looked great dancing. She ended up being waay better than I expected. She had no problem acting out the character of the dance and being very elegant. I would like a better connection between her and Dmitry, but that may come with time.

Louis van Amstel and Kendra Wilkinson (The Cha-Cha): She has more soul than I expected. And I always love him. I think they might be a better match than I originally anticipated.I definitely like her personality more than I expected. She's fun! The dance was fun, but I wonder if the orchestra was playing it too fast; it seemed...ready to fly off the rails. But I definitely want to see what else she can do.

Lacey Schwimmer and Mike Catherwood (The Foxtrot): I feel like I learned so much about him in this one video. I don't know about the chemistry between him and Lacey, but she never has chemistry right away. And I know they'll be hilarious together in about four weeks. But I had no expectations for the dancing. She smartly limited his moves, but the ones he did I actually really enjoyed watching. He will the one who, if he sticks around, becomes this magically amazing dancer by week eight. I see now why they put these two together. He's the funny diamond in the rough, just like Kyle and Steve-O. Well, more Kyle, but you get my point.


Just Okay, Like I Figured/Feared
Chelsie Hightower and Romeo (The Cha-Cha): I so wanted him to make up for his dad's dancing back in Season 2. He reminds me of Will Smith, which basically guarantees him a vote. But damn, if I was voting on skills, he would be gone! It was painful to watch right from the beginning. He's too cool for school. I expected better from someone who is a football player, but then again maybe not. The only thing he had right was the placement of his feet.

Anna Trebunskaya and Sugar Ray Leonard (The Foxtrot): He should be light on his feet and intense. That's what I expect from her too. But the man wasn't a natural in the video. His darn shoulders were God-awful. The dancing wasn't terrible. I didn't feel lit-up like I should have. Whatever.
Cheryl Burke and Chris Jericho (The Cha-Cha): I doubted he could dance, and I didn't care if he would prove me wrong. After the video, I still didn't care, but my hopes were raised that he wouldn't suck. And I was right, he didn't suck. He's definitely a performer. What can I say? I still don't care about his dancing, but his personality is growing on me.


Not Good, Who Knows If You'll Improve
Tony Dovolani and Wendy Williams (The Cha-Cha): They definitely started off picking dances that are perfect for the contestants. I expected her to be too over-the-top, but I was so wrong. She was underwhelming. She looked timid and unsure. I would have preferred over-the-top. Won't be voting for her.


You Sucked, Why Did You Agree To Do This Show:
The closest anyone came to sucking was Romeo, but he has such performance skills, that his dancing skills were overshadowed and didn't bring it down.

I gotta say, I was completely in agreement with the judges votes once they started off giving Chelsea and Mark three 7s. I truly enjoyed this premiere. I voted for Chelsea and Mark, Hines and Kym, Petra and Dmitry, Romeo and Chelsie, Kendra and Louis, Ralph and Karina, Mike and Lacey, Kirstie and Maks


0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails