Friday, April 23, 2010

Baking and Avoiding Phone Calls

So this is Friends & Family Friday!! This is my day to talk more about my friends and family (aside from sharing waaay too much about their love lives on my other blog, lol). My friends and family are lovely people, that much I know for sure. Have fun getting to know them through my eyes.


This is not a normal Friend & Family Friday post. Well maybe it is since it's the second of two and already I've been posting twice about my reactions to my friends and family. This may sound weird since I've been home all week working on my resume, and not having any other responisbilities. But I felt like today I needed Me Time. I spoke to my girl Top first thing in the morning, damn hour-ahead NYC and her real-life work schedule. But since I was up, I started my day. But in the middle of working out on my Wii, she calls me back. I had a pretty set schedule today, albeit full of things that are not pertinent to my career future.

I worked out, I practiced this song from Wicked on my keyboard, I caught up on all my NYT Opinion pieces. I even took a nap. And the phone kept ringing with texts and phone calls. From Top, from Bad, from my father. It was driving me crazy and I can't figure out why. I don't have better things to do with my time than to sit on the phone all day.

But I didn't want to talk to my father because I'm still not ready to hear his latest reaction to me withdrawing from medical school. Bad just had options about job applicaitons; if he could give me feedback on my resume that would be a better offering. Top just wanted to talk about her job, which is super fascinating by the way, I may do a profile on her company in an upcoming In My 20s Tuesday or Friends & Family Friday. But I just wanted some time to myself. I can be so selfish sometimes, lol.

But now I'm just avoiding phone calls and making pie. I just grabbed a bunch of my fruit I use to make smooties on my magic bullet and got a great pie crust recipe from Food Network Online. I'm making Blueberry pear mango strawberry raspberry pie with lime, lol. Should be good since all those things are good in a smoothie!

2 New Hypotheses:

I've kind of been avoiding the phone lately too. I just don't like talking on the phone much, especially when I'm trying to have some quiet time to come on the computer or read.

 

I'm so glad you get it! I am also glad the feeling didn't last all weekend.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails