Monday, April 5, 2010

Bounty Hunter

I know this movie has been out for a while, but I just saw it Thursday, so here it goes.

Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler are both good looking people. A lot of times a movie will just throw two good looking people together and hope the chemistry pans out. This isn't what happened this time. They had a real chemistry that I enjoyed watching develop.

At the point when the New Jersey and New York cops were looking for the couple, they got off the road. They had done such a good job of convincing me they were a truly hateful ex-couple, I didn't believe they could turn it around.

The best romantic comedies are the ones that build up believable conflict and then resolve with a happily-ever-afer scenario. This movie diverges from the expected because you never get that intro to set the stage that things were ever good for them. Also, their happily-ever-after scene was quite unexpectd. I thought they weren't even going to have a real one. Jennifer made me lose my faith in happy endings for her movies after The Break-Up. But I liked this movie. I'd watch it again.

I could've done without the whole premise of the movie. Jennifer Aniston's character had a warrant out in a really crazy scenario. She hit a police horse and skipped court and jumped bail all to chase a story? I get that some people are committed to their jobs, but seriously??

An interesting character that is superfluous but made the movie more enjoyable is Jennifer Aniston's mother, played by Christine Baranski. She was delightly funny and raunchy. Her scenes with Jennifer and Gerard were lovely.

My Favorite Things About Bounty Hunter: 1) That scene where he chases her down after she escapes the trunk, awesome! 2) Jason Sudeikis' character. He's so cute and he is probably the first person in history to play the character he did without over doing it on the skeevy perv level.
My Least Favorite Things About Bounty Hunter: 1) It's kinda unrealistic that they would send someone after his own ex-wife. I guess it might be different with bounty hunters, but it was a bit far-fetched. 2) Too much violence. For a romantic comedy that avoided any mention that it was part action movie, I thought they had quite a bit of violence in the movie.
Final Rank: 3/5 the setting and the storyline were not my favorite. I thought they were a little un-realistic. But I loved the acting, the movie was enjoyable and the characters were all interesting.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails