Thursday, December 16, 2010

Driving All Around The City And State And Midwest

Easy and I agreed that last night when we drove to Chicago, I would take the first leg of the trip.

It's only 300 miles, so I didn't know how long that first leg would be since it's not a very long trip.

But there ended up being inclimate weather (as expected) and so I didn't really feel comfortable driving on those un-salted exits.

As such, I ended up driving the entire time. That and Easy was sleep for part of it.

He had a rough day at work yesterday and I did whole bunch of nothing besides filling out job applications and blogging.

So I didn't mind driving. Even though I knew I'd be doing more driving this morning to take him to the airport.

When I dropped Easy at the airport, we were sitting in the car saying a long goodbye. I was surprised the security lady didn't fuss at us to move.

When I had gotten far enough from the airport on my way back to Chicago, I got a phone call from Easy.

I thought it would be to say that he missed me already. It was not for that reason.

He was calling to say his bag was overweight and he could either take clothes out or pay $200 to board the heavy bag.

That meant I got off at the next exit and headed back to the airport to pick up a pile of clothes.

Then I got to drive back to the city and then to south side to head home.

I was very tired when I got home. I ended up taking a nap even though I'd gotten several hours of sleep and had only been up a few hours.

Who knew driving could take so much out of you?

Later, I'll post about some time I spent with my family that reminded me of earlier in the day with Easy's family.

2 New Hypotheses:

Driving exhausts me. LOL. That's all I did today and I'm totally knackered. I had to drive a half hour to my best friend's house, then we drove to Atlantic City which is another 40 minutes or so. We had dinner with her friends and then I drove back to her place then my place. You'd think I worked all day from how tired I feel.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails