Friday, December 17, 2010

Missing Yoga, But Missing It For A Good Cause

I've posted a number of times about yoga on this blog.

It's one of my favorite activities/exercise options. It has done wonders for my body and overall holistic health.

But I haven't been in what feels like forever. Sure, I just went last Friday, but that's too long.

After a week of completing my goal and going three times, it's a bit frustrating to not be able to go at all.

Even though my yoga studio is part of a national chain, they do not have studios in St. Louis.

When I'm there, I try to go through my poses a bit on my own, but it's not the same.

It isn't nearly as relaxing. At that point, it's just exercise.

I was supposed to go to yoga today. But my mom changed my plans because of our shopping trip that is planned for today.

Sure I could have gone to the earlier yoga class, but that would require waking up super early in the morning. After being up late last night at a bowling alley.

When my dad and I go practice, we are out til 1 in the morning sometimes.

And then I started thinking about how I'm supposed to be heading to the church to wrap the presents for tomorrow's Winter Wonderland.

And how after that I'm supposed to be bowling with my league tonight.

And how sleepy I'd be because we have to wake up super early Saturday morning to get ready for the Winter Wonderland in the morning.

And how Saturday afternoon, I'm supposed to be heading to my grandmother's house with my mom to spend some time.

Spending time with my grandmother is a very stressful thing. I'm mostly convinced she means well, but the woman is an emotional wrecking crew.

We never leave there anything but drained and dreading the next visit. It's hard to explain, bu that's the long and short of it.

And then I started thinking about how much I miss Easy. Since I dropped him at the airport, I've actually spoken to him a couple of times.

He called me while he was at the Newark airport and we chatted a bit. But since then, nothing.

I figure he needs time to settle in. It's seven hours ahead there, so I shouldn't have been surprised to wake up this morning with no e-mail from him.

He was going through his first day there, probably trying to avoid jet lag since it was 8 am (time to go to work) by their clock and 1 am (time to go to bed) by his usual clock.

But missing him and wanting an e-mail from him saying he made it safely and everything is going well so far would be nice.

And it would give me the boost I need to make it through was promises to be a very long couple of days.

After time with my grandmother, my mother and I will probably head home to pack. Packing with my mother is always a production.

It will be interesting to see if it stays that way even though we'll only be in DC for one night.

And then I have to find some time to get the stuff I need for the church's Christmas party, get that stuff to Camille, and brief her on what needs to be done.

And to focus on the positive, I will just say how happy I am to be so busy. I like having responsibility and all these things to get done before I leave town.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails