Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Sickness Continues

I still feel pretty bad. The only thing that makes me feel like I will survive this sickness is that I still have an appetite.

I've missed all the events we had planned for the kids at church, but from what I hear, they went well.

I had some stuff I had to take care of, such as finalizing my lack of New Year's Eve plans, but I was able to take care of that without getting out of the bed.

That's right, no New Year's Eve plans. No show, no toast downtown with my friends at midnight, no cute outfit.

I have no idea where I'll be, or what I'll be doing. I really hope I don't feel better by Friday night because I will be really sad to be doing nothing.

Tomorrow night, a family friend is having an engagement party.

He's the same age as my brother and he's getting married. I'm not sure when the wedding is, but I figure it's sometime in the next year.

That means I definitely have two wonderful weddings to look forward to next year. Well, maybe only one.

I don't know where his fiancee is from. And they don't live in Chicago, so maybe they're not getting married here.

I guess we'll see.

One thing that made me happy today is I got some face time with Easy.

He called me about six times this morning, but I missed his calls. I was knocked out on aspirin and Tylenol PM.

But when I awoke, I e-mailed him.

He called me later in the evening and then we got on video chat.

We were only able to talk for about five minutes, but at least it was something.

I miss him so much. I miss talking to him everyday. The e-mails do fill in the gap, but it's not the same as talking to him.

And now I'm feeling sleepy again. Seriously, sitting up for more than ten minutes at a time just wipes me out.

I'm thinking about sticking with my idea of making something new each day starting January 1st.

I think I will keep it on this blog, no need to start a new one.

The question will be what to make. I guess I should start brainstorming.

0 New Hypotheses:

Related Posts with Thumbnails